The St John’s Parish Warehouse is a Christian organization that serves the Church in its response to poverty and injustice.
We are seeking a full-time field worker to join the Fusion project based at The Warehouse premises in Wetton. Fusion is a prayer-based project who seeks to change the lives of broken young people (high-risk youth) by restoring their dignity and building meaningful relationships.
The position would be to support a community development worker in street-based outreach to high-risk youth in Manenberg; to be an active participant in the formation of a praying intentional community that will exist for high-risk youth as they seek to be restored.
Requirements of position
- Mature follower of Jesus with a vibrant faith and prayer-life
- An active member of a local church
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and Afrikaans
- Computer literacy
- Passion to work with high-risk youth
- Relevant experience working in this context would be helpful
- Have or are pursuing a valid driver’s licence
- Must live in Manenberg
Applications should include a CV, two references from previous employers and your minister/pastor, and a letter outlining why you are applying for this job.
Applications can be delivered or mailed to Fusion, The Warehouse, 12 Plantation Road, Wetton, 7780 or emailed to email@example.com
Call The Warehouse on (021) 761 1168 or Clare on 072 605 2857 or Jonathan on 078 342 2100 for more information
Closing date for applications is Friday 19th August 2011. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.