Fusion Fundraising Run
Fusion are a praying community who seek to build meaningful relationships with broken young people caught in cycles of destructive behaviours (gangsterism, substance abuse, criminal activity, abusive relationships and prostitution).
We are a transformational community based in Manenberg in Cape Town – we are a project who function as family. Fusion prays, makes friends on the streets and walks alongside young men and women as they try and wrestle with their identity and life circumstances, all in the midst of a faith community.
What are we doing?
Fusion have committed to running 14km around Manenberg in order to raise awareness of Fusion in Manenberg, to get fit, relieve stress and enjoy community times training together but primarily, to ask people to join in and sponsor us.
We are hoping to raise our operational budget for the next year and so would love people to support us as we run.
27 July 2013
We are training together three times a week as we build up to our 14km and have found a friend who is helping us make an appropriate training regime, and keep us on our toes.
Want to be involved? Here’s how…
1. Pray: none of us have run before, 14km is far!
2. Donate: sponsor an individual, sponsor per km or give a lump sum…
Givengain Search for “The Warehouse Trust” and then “Fusion Fundraising Run” http://www.givengain.com/cause/1976/projects/10422/
3. Run: Commit to running, walking, or dancing the 14km with us – if you want to run, we ask that you find your own sponsorship (minimum of R500)
4. Help out: on the day, run a water station or be a marshal
5. Join us for the After Party at Manenberg Waterfront from 9am
Check out our Facebook page for updates and further information: http://www.facebook.com/FusionFundraisingRun